- To recognise, and promote the honouring of, the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi).
- To promote the study of New Zealand history, with particular reference to those parts of Wellington City known as Island Bay (Paekawakawa), Owhiro Bay, Houghton Bay (Haewai), and neighbouring areas.
- To investigate and study the lives of persons formerly or currently living in and about the Wellington southern bays.
- To investigate the origins and history of all local legends and place names.
- To research, identify, locate, protect, or facilitate the protection of, and foster public knowledge and appreciation of, any buildings, settlements, kainga, pa, fortifications, landscape features, rocks, streams, islands, objects, places and sites associated with the history and development of the Wellington southern bays.
- To provide for the permanent preservation of records, chattels, taonga or relics of historical interest.
- President : David Ryrie
- Vice President : Marion Findlay
- Secretary : Cinthia Coomber
- Treasurer : Philip O'Brien